Amell at the 2013 Summer TCA Party.
|Born|| Robert Patrick Amell|
21 April 1988
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Robbie Amell is a Canadian actor who portrays Stephen Jameson in The Tomorrow People U.S. TV Series. He is the cousin of Stephen Amell, who stars in the CW series Arrow. The executive producer of both shows is Greg Berlanti, who appeared at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con and revealed how he came to meet Robbie: "I've worked with Robbie actually once before. He’d done an episode of Brothers and Sisters towards the tail end before I worked with Stephen."
In an Access Hollywood interview, Robbie said, "I first auditioned for John and I wished that I was auditioning for Stephen because I had read the script and I just related much more to that character."
At the Television Critics Association Summer 2013 Press Tour, Robbie (a former Muay Thai fighter) talked about the fight scenes in the show, and said of real-life fighting: "If I get punched in the face I'm in a lot of trouble . . . you can get really swollen and screw up production."
In an article on the Entertainment Weekly website, Robbie revealed that he "totally fell into acting." Regarding his appearance in the 2005 movie Cheaper by the Dozen 2: "It was supposed to be a non-speaking role. I ended up getting a couple lines, but I was there for 80 percent of the shoot. It kinda jump-started the whole thing."
- Actor Ben Hauck acted as a stand-in for Amell in the pilot episode.
- ↑ Robbie Amell, imdb.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jim's Notebook: The Walking Dead, The Tomorrow People and Pretty Little Liars, tvfanantic.com
- ↑ The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell Gears Up For Amell Wednesdays, accesshollywood.com, retrieved 04 October 2013
- ↑ Why The Tomorrow People's Robbie Amell Doesn't Fight in Real Life Anymore, buzzsugar.com
- ↑ Invasion of the Amells: A Q&A with The CW's best bloodline, insidetv.ew.com, retrieved 16 September 2013
- ↑ The Tomorrow People//Pilot, benhauck.com