|Series||U.S. TV Series|
|Portrayed by||Madeleine Mantock|
Astrid attends high school in New York City with Stephen. She is the only friend he has left, since his other friends abandoned him due to the strange behavior caused by his breakout.
Season 1 Edit
- 101. "Pilot"
- After Stephen learns about his abilities as a Tomorrow Person, he tells this to Astrid, who thinks he is off his meds.
- 102. "In Too Deep"
- Astrid plans to spend the evening with Stephen, but he stands her up.
- 103. "Girl, Interrupted"
- Catches sight of Stephen teleporting. When she confronts him, he denies it, so she resolves to find out the truth.
- 105. "All Tomorrow's Parties"
- Agrees to go with Stephen to the Homecoming dance. Later, Stephen reveals his powers to her.
- 107. "Limbo"
- Encourages Stephen to use his powers in gym class; later, becomes jealous when she sees Stephen making out with a girl named Jenny Reardon at a party. Stephen then reads Astrid's thoughts, which reveal that she's in love with him.
- 109. "Death's Door"
- Attends a party at Stephen's house, where she meets Russell and John for the first time.
LA TV Insider Examiner talked with Madeline Mantock on the set of the show. "This is a revelation that [Stephen's] actually got superpowers, and I think he doesn't quite know how to translate that to someone who has been there for so long and has known him before that happened to him," Mantock said.
About Astrid's relationship with Stephen, she revealed that "they do a lot of falling out and coming back together again and falling out because of the fact that he can't quite just tell her what's going on. [...] She fancies the pants off him...and I guess it's that thing about knowing somebody so well and growing up with them and having a bit of a crush: I don't think she wants to let go of it."
In an Access Hollywood interview, Robbie Amell said of the character: "Astrid is, I feel like, the only light thing that Stephen has in his life, and at the beginning of Episode 7, having lost Darcy ... and with the fallout from the hookup with Cara ... things are just not looking good for Stephen."
- ↑ The Tomorrow People, CW TVNow
- ↑ 'Tomorrow People's' Madeleine Mantock on being Stephen's connection to humanity, www.examiner.com, retrieved 14 October 2013
- ↑ The Tomorrow People’s Robbie Amell On Stephen’s High School Trouble, Fist-Fighting John & Shirtless Scenes, accesshollywood.com, retrieved 20 November 2013